Cake baking is usually quite a tiresome affair and requires a lot of time and patience, which is why most of us shy away from this particular task.
What if I were to give you an easy and quick alternative to make a Chocolate cake in under 2 minutes??
I recently found recipes for Mug Cakes while doing a Google search for quick cake recipes and I’ve experimented a little with the ingredients and have come up with a cake that suits my taste – gooey at the bottom and with a slight crust on top.
1. Flour (Maida). 2 tbsps
2. Sugar(Granulated). 3 tbsps
3. Baking Powder. 1/4 tsp
4. Cocoa Powder. 1 tbsp
5. Egg. 1
If you’re a vegetarian, skip the egg, it still works fine.
6. Milk. 1 tbsp
7. Chocolate Chips. 1 tbsp
8. Nutella (optional)
9. Edible Ball Bearings ( optional)
10. Chopped Walnuts (optional)
1. In a big coffee mug, put the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and sugar.
This should not exceed the half mark of the mug
2. Now add the egg and whisk with a fork till the white of the flour can no longer be seen.
3. Now add the milk and oil. Whisk till you get a smooth glazed batter.
4. Add 1 tbsp of Nutella and whisk again.
5. Add the chopped walnuts and the chocolate chips.
The chocolate chips are what provide the gooey texture so avoid them if you want your cake to be firm
6. Pop the mug in the microwave for about 1-2 mins
The cake will rise above the rim of the mug. It will not spill over, don’t worry. The cake will deflate once the microwave is turned off
7. Garnish the still hot cake with melted Nutella and Edible Ball Bearings!
Scoop a dollop of Vanilla Ice Cream for extra taste