I was awarded the Sunshine Blog Award by the amazing theextramile
Savio has a very amazing way of coming up with either humorous content, or really serious 100-500 word stories. He writes about the current affairs of India very often, and I find his articles so much better than the news channels (phew!)
Okay now the RULES:
Thank the person who nominated you in the blog post (basically say something nice about him/her..we all like to hear good things about us right?
Answer the 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
Nominate 11 blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions to answer.
Yes , I copy-pasted the rules. Why type it out when someone else already has!
Now, to answer the questions put to me!
1. What do you like to do first thing in the morning, if you have a choice?
The first thing I do when I get up bleary eyed every morning is check my phone. Unfailingly.
2. Do you think we should strive to be “normal” or just be ourselves?
The answer to this question varies with time and experiences. Sometimes, I just want to fit in and be normal and at other times I love my own self.
3. Does anyone know you well enough that you trust them to “give you advice” about your path and your life? If so, who?
Excluding my parents, there are two people I can trust with my eyes closed. One of them is my sister,Sneha and the other is my best friend, Jolene. They’ve been there with me for so long that I don’t remember ever being without them. I do ask them for advice quite often.
4. Do you feel more connected to the people you interact with on WordPress, or the “real life” people in your life? Or is it even and balanced?
I would say it is even and balanced. There are two sides to me, I guess. The almost normal student and a whacky writer. Each side has it’s own place to flourish, I guess.
5. Do you prefer to be with people the majority of the time, or prefer time alone?
Ah! OK so my personality is quite weird. If you check the Myers-Briggs personality test, I turn up as an INFJ, which is a pretty rare and confusing personality type. I appear to be an extrovert, enjoying myself and talking to almost everyone, but that is only when I want to. I’m equally prone to sitting at home with a book in hand for several hours.
6. What do you miss about your younger self?
Her unwavering confidence, I guess. Until I went out into the big bad world, I had an unbelievable amount of confidence which dwindles a bit later. I alternate between being confident and not so confident now.
7. Favorite tv show? or favorite movie?
DOCTOR WHO!!! without a doubt. I absolutely love that show. I began to watch it with Christopher Eccelston as the doctor and absolutely fell in love with it. David Tennant’s tenth doctor is MY doctor though. I love how the entire series shows us the way aliens would see us. The way the last alien of his kind would see us and help us. David’s doctor also states multiple to.es that it’s OK to be a geek and there is no shame in it. Capaldi is my second favourite doctor and my favourite episodes are Tooth and Claw(David Tenant as doctor), Heaven Sent(Capaldi’s doctor), Dalek(Christopher Eccelston as doctor), and anything with the angels in it!
8.Do you believe in keeping fit? If so how do you manage it?
I do believe in it and I’m really trying to keep myself fit. I eat mostly home cooked food and only eat outside occasionally. I walk quite a bit everyday. That’s it.
9. What would romance mean for you?
Yikes, OK. I’ve never thought about it much. I was very focused on my academics and right now my career. My imagination doesn’t conjure up many images, either.
10. How do you select the blogs you would follow..and what is it that made you follow my blog?
I usually come across an article or two by a blogger I didn’t know till then and then read a few of their articles. If I like them, I’ll follow. Sometimes this process takes a while. I do have to attend college too!
I have a very bad memory so I’m not sure how exactly I ended up following most blogs, but I like your short stories (100-500 words I mentioned earlier) and the articles on current affairs.
11. Do you have any fears? If so, how do you soothe them?
I seem to offend people without intending to. This leads to me coming across as shy in a conversation, if I don’t know you well enough. Its not like being afraid of heights or water or anything, but that’s what I’m perpetually afraid of.
OK, so I have to come up with 11 questions, right. Here they are,
1. If you could pick one line from your About Me page(or whatever you renamed it to) to describe you, which line would you pick?
2. Which is your favourite post from your own blog and why? (It could be because of the memories attached or the frame of mind you wrote it in, a comment you received)
3. Is there anyone who knows enough about you to give you advice that you would actually take?
4. Has your blog changed your life? In what way?
5. Do you have any siblings?
6. Are you more comfortable with friends on your blog or in real life? (Yes, I borrowed this question)
7. What is your favourite TV show or movie?
8. If you were stranded on an island, what three things would you like to have with you?
9. If you had an unlimited amount of money to spend, what would you do with it?
10. Which two clothes would you choose from your closet to define your personality?
11. If you could go back to the past and meet one person, who would you meet?
Now, the nominations! Now, 11 is too big a number for me since I’ve started not so far back, so I’ll nominate 6 people instead. This is in no particular order.
Even if you don’t accept the challenge, I just want you to know that your blog brings sunshine to the world😀
I love her blog and I love her as a person too! I’ve said this many times, but her blog brings a smile to my face every time. I love the fact that she ends each blog with “Much Love and Light”
This blog is amazing and filled with positive energy!!
Her short quotes and lovely articles never fail to uplift my mood
Nidhi is one of the most uplifting people I know both online and offline. She has a unique way of cheering me up whenever I’m down.
Mom! She falls in a league of her own entirely. She’s the one who reads my post content before I publish it. She has to be on the list!
This is a blog I’ve only recently followed, but I love the free writing and the amazing photos.
That’s all! Have a lovely day everyone!