So, Aromas of My Kitchen, my mom, nominated me for this award! I have a quickly piling up list of blogs to publish, so I know this is overdue, and I’m sorry, the first of the Delhi Diaries will be coming up on Friday or Saturday.
Anyway, do visit her blog, she puts up recipes that are easy to cook and serve even when you’ve never picked up a pan before, and if you’re already a good cook, she has a few advanced recipes for you.
According to the rules, I have to state 11 random facts about myself, answer 11 questions, create 11 questions and nominate 11 blogs.
Yes, I copy-pasted the rules again.😅
So here are 11 random facts about me
- I am a coffee junkie. I need it to live. Coffee is the elixir of life😍
- I have been working on The Quest of the Living Water,my story series, for 8 years now. I started when I was in school.
- I am a trained classical dancer in a dance form called Oddissi, originating from Odisha in Eastern India.
- I like collecting perfumes, especially the ones by Elizabeth Arden.
- I like reading mythical, fantastical or sci-fi tales and I write mostly in these genres as well.
- I stand only 5 feet tall and I don’t mind being made fun of.😝
- I love to decorate the house and often go on shopping sprees with my mom to change the look and feel of our Mumbai flat.
- I don’t know why, I have a huge affinity for trays. Yes, trays, tea trays and serving trays, carved trays, tiled trays, I make sure to bring one back from wherever I go.😀
- Chapstik( it’s a brand of lip balm) is one thing I would take with me on a zombie apocalypse! I can’t do without it!
- I cultivated the habit of reading when I was 3, hence I’m a very fast reader. My friends and I used to hold competitions to see who could read the most books per day.
- I do not usually like romance, whether it be novels, anime or manga, unless it also has a good storyline. Mainstream romance bores me, that’s why I usually end up converting them into horror or tragedy or supernatural when I write one.😂
The 11 questions I have to answer are
1.What is your favourite food?
If given a choice would you prefer a holiday on the beach or in the mountains?
If you could meet Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, what would you ask him?
Does he think his works could be made into movies? How long does he think they would endure? It would be interesting to know his point of view
What would your plan be on a bright sunny day?
Reading a book or baking
Who is your favourite musician?
I’d have to say Richard Marx, I do love his songs.
Given a choice between love potion, liquid luck, and beauty potion, which one would you choose?
The most outrageous food you’ve ever tasted, and where?
That would be the grilled rabbit at Barbeque Nation, live counter. I did like it though😅
Describe your family in four words?
Crazy, loving, untraditional (yes, I’m making up words, Shakespeare got away with it!), whacky
You happen upon a haunted house, who would you like to be accompanied by?
My sister. I swear, she barely gets scared of anything. I’m a scaredy cat.😜
Out of Mexican, Italian, Continental, Thai, Chinese, Mediterranean and Indian, which cuisine would you prefer?
What animal would you want as a pet?
Dear God, Here are my 11 questions
- If you were to write a blog right now, what would the title be?
- 10 years from now, what advice would you want to give your future self?
- If you could redo one thing in the past 24 hours, what would you redo?
- If you were told that this world is actually unreal and that you are actually asleep and dreaming of this, what would be your reaction?
- On a rainy day, would you be curled up with a book, or out in the rain?
- Do you like to read Tragedy, Comedy, Romance, Fantasy or Sci-Fi?
- What would be your super hero name, if you could be one?
- Out of Baked Philadelphia Cheesecake, Jasmine Tea Panacotta, and Coffee Creme Brulee, which one would you choose?
- You have to choose one of these three restaurants for dinner with friends- a well known restaurant, a little known restaurant with an interesting theme, a restaurant you’ll frequently meet up at.
- What is the happiest memory you can think of?
- If you had to pick a book of your bookshelf to take on a long vacation, which book would it be?
Now, the nominations😊
- aura with writing
- Kat Myrman
- The Storytellers Abode
Whether you accept the nomination or not, I just want you’ll to know that I love your blogs😊